I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I thought it was awesome.
I’d like to thank Undertaker Stories for nominating me! (Thank you for letting me use the award photo on my blog, as well!)
For my acceptance speech, I would like to thank really everyone who reads my blog, is struggling with a mental illness and fights it, and those that spread awareness of mental illness and Schizophrenia. I would also like to thank my friends at PsychCentral for standing by my blog, and my pursuit of documenting what I go through so that I can help and encourage others who might be afraid to speak out on their experiences.
Here are the rules, if you are nominated:
Each nominee must have under 200 followers
Thank and link to the nominating blog
Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
Write a post containing the questions
Include these rules in the post
Here were the questions given to me by Undertaker Stories:
1.Which is your favourite room in your house/apartment?
That would probably be my room, because I have converted my closet into a computer/work station. I think it’s quite amazing, haha.
2. Who made the greatest difference in your life – good or bad?
My father, and it has mainly been good differences. He’s been there for me through thick and thin, as parents definitely should be.
3. What is the meaning of life?
Acquiring knowledge. I honestly believe that.
4.When you grow up, who do you want to be like?
That’s a hard question. I have a lot of influences. I want to be myself, but a mix up of all my influences.
5. Name the single most irritating thing that happens to you regularly.
I regularly stub my toe in doorways. I’m not sure why. Haha.
6. What would you never change about yourself, even if you could?
I wonder if anyone is expecting me to say something about my mental illness here, but I’m not. I would actually change, MAYBE being more outgoing than I am. I like being introverted but it’s a little too much introversion than I’d like, I suppose.
7. Do you like Jell -O?
I actually don’t, sorry, haha.
8. What are your thoughts on capitalism? (make it short or write a separate post if you have that many thoughts on it)
Oh, wow. I like how the United States is a Republic? From what I know about capitalism, I don’t think it would be a good path to take.
9.Who is your favourite musician/band/musical artist?
The Mars Volta, all the way!
10. Having done all this work, would you ever accept another award?
Maybe so. I like bringing attention to other writers/bloggers that put time and effort into their blogs. This was quite a bit of work though. More than I thought.
Here are my 10 questions for the following nominated blogs:
1. What would you like to accomplish with your blog?
2. How often do you post to your blog?
3. Do you still read the newspaper?
4. What’s your stance on fighting stigma regarding mental illness?
5. What is one place you would like to travel to in the world?
6. Name something odd about yourself that you do.
7. Do you like photography?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. Mac or Windows?
10. Why did you start a blog?
These are the blogs I have nominated: